- Secondary Filter Element – Second particulate filter element protects against migration of desiccant.
- Visual Indicator – Windows on two sides of breather allow for easy monitoring of desiccant.
- Water Vapour Adsorbent – Colour-indicating silica gel adsorbs water from incoming air. Replace when colour changes from blue to pink.
- Rugged Housing
- Integrated Standpipe – Resilient construction provides durability and allows oil mist to coalesce and drain back into the reservoir.
- Foam Pad – Foam filter captures any oil mist and disperses incoming air evenly over filtration and drying areas.
- Quad Check-Valves – Check-valves provide system pressurization, protecting system integrity and extending product life.
- Filter Element – ePTFE filter removes airborne contamination to 0.3-micron absolute. Stops free water.
Extreme Duty Desiccant Breathers
The Des-Case Extreme Duty (XD) desiccant breather has excellent vibration and impact resistance, can withstand broad temperature ranges, has expansive chemical compatibility, and features quality check valve technology while still accommodating higher air flow. The Extreme Duty breather also has the best filter efficiency of any Des-Case breather―down to 0.3µ absolute (β0.3≥200).
HOW IT WORKS
Seeing pink? A pink breather means it has done its job keeping moisture out of your lubricants. Time to replace the breather with a new one.
|Model||Max. Airflow at 1 psid||Recommended Max. Volume|
|Gearbox / Storage Tank||Hydraulic Reservoir|
|DC-XD-6||16 cfm / 456 lpm||500 gal / 1893 L||200 gal / 757 L|
|1″ NPT Threaded Adapter for DC-XD-6||DC-DSA-10|
|3/4″ NPT Threaded Adapter for DC-XD-6||DC-DSA-17|
|3/4″ NPT Vent Valve Adapter for DC-XD-6||DC-XDVA-12M|
|1″ NPT Vent Valve Adapter for DC-XD-6||DC-XDVA-16M|
- Removes moisture in the headspace of equipment
- Eliminates rust-forming condensation
- Prevents sludge deposits and water-contaminated oil
- Prevents contamination ingress
- Provides longer lubricant life
- Reduces wear and tear on equipment, prolongs life
|Unit Height (in / mm)||6.51 / 165.4|
|Unit Diameter (in / mm)||5.1 / 129.5|
|Connection Size||1 1/2″ x 16 UN female thread|
|Amount of Silica Gel (lbs / kg)||1.75 / 0.79|
|Adsorption Capacity (fl oz / ml)||10.65 / 315|
|Max. Flow Rate (cfm)||16 @ 1 psid|
|Max. Flow Rate (lpm)||456|
|Filter Efficiency||0.3µ absolute (ß3≥200)|
|Operating Temp. Range (°F)||-40° to 300°|
|Operating Temp. Range (°C)||-40° to 149°|